Beach season is here! Don’t use your vacation as an excuse to not work out…use it as an excuse to work out- with a view!
Everyone in this facility is doing cardio…while no one is on the floor utilizing the weights and machines! While cardio burns more calories than resistance training during your workout, lifting weights torches more fat overall. In a study published in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, people who completed an hour-long strength-training workout burned an average of 100 more calories in the 24 hours afterward than those who skipped the weights. The more muscle owned, the more fat burned. Don’t be a cardio bunny! The best thing you can do is find a program that incorporates a little bit of everything!
Be honest and realistic about your goals…but always remember that you have the same hours in the day as everyone else. We don’t have time to workout- we make time! Break through
that mental block and get it done!
Just a few swaps to recreate your traditional meal of pasta & meatballs. Use turkey or lean grass-fed beef instead of regular ground beef….Oats instead of breadcrumbs…and spaghetti squash instead of pasta! Remember the rule of using the least ingredients with your tomato sauce… and don’t forget to use the best quality/healthy seasonings!
Did you workout yet today? If not, here is a great workout that you can do…and you don’t even need a gym!
- 1A. Jumping Jacks — 100 reps.
- 1B. Mountain Climbers – 40 reps.
- 1C. High Knees – 40 reps.
- 1D. Squat Jumps – 20 reps.
REST 1 MINUTE
- 2A. Ab Plank — 60 seconds.
- 2B. Towel Ab Knee Tucks – 20 reps.
- 2C. Bicycle Crunches – 45 seconds.
- 2D. Decline Ab Plank – 30 seconds. Place feet on a chair.
REST 1 MINUTE
Upper Body Circuit
- 3A. Spiderman Pushups — 15 reps. Replace with regular push ups if too difficult.
- 3B. Chair Dips – 20 reps.
- 3C. Decline Chair Pushups – 15 reps.
- 3D. Lying Superman – 20 reps.
- 3E. Chair Dips — 15 reps.
REST 1 MINUTE
Lower Body Circuit:
- 4A. Bulgarian Split Squats – 15 reps per leg. Use a chair.
- 4B. Burpees – 10 reps.
- 4C. Wall Sits – 45 seconds.
- 4D. Single Leg Bridge – 10 reps per leg.
Did you know that some yogurts can have a much sugar as a twinkie? Another example of how easy it is to think you’re eating something healthy and it is not!
Happy New Year! Instead of stressing about resolutions…focus more on feeling better, healthier, and stronger. Throw out those scales & get rid of those fad diets that don’t work! Take advantage of this current special to get started: Four training sessions for $150.00! (50 percent off regular price) Send an email to email@example.com for more details on this deal and other packages. Make 2014 your best year ever!